Health scare
Yet again I find myself sleeping over at my sister's house, only instead of watching the oldest nephew, I'm watching the youngest. It all started about a week ago. Joshua had a fever of 101-102 and was complaining of stomach aches. My sister thought it was nothing, just a little cold. She took him to the doctors. They said it was simply a viral infection and to give him tylenol for the fever. The next 3 days he seemed fine. The fever was gone and he was back to his mischievous self.
Then my dad wakes me up at 10am this morning saying that Joshua had a fever of 105 and they were rushing him to strong hospital. I came over with my parents to help take care of little Matthew. They gave Joshua a bunch of tests, all seemed to come up negative. He was only getting worse, the doctors couldn't control his fever and when they asked for him to sit up he couldn't. My sister called and said that he is losing mobility, which leads the doctors to believe he might have Meningitis. The doctors gave him a spinal tap and we will have the results tomorrow. In the mean time, my sister and brother-in-law are staying at the hospital (Josh was admitted into the Galisano Childrens hosptial at Strong) and I'm taking care of the little one. This is going to be one long night...
Then my dad wakes me up at 10am this morning saying that Joshua had a fever of 105 and they were rushing him to strong hospital. I came over with my parents to help take care of little Matthew. They gave Joshua a bunch of tests, all seemed to come up negative. He was only getting worse, the doctors couldn't control his fever and when they asked for him to sit up he couldn't. My sister called and said that he is losing mobility, which leads the doctors to believe he might have Meningitis. The doctors gave him a spinal tap and we will have the results tomorrow. In the mean time, my sister and brother-in-law are staying at the hospital (Josh was admitted into the Galisano Childrens hosptial at Strong) and I'm taking care of the little one. This is going to be one long night...






for this post
Leave a Reply