<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16532999?origin\x3dhttp://wildturkey22.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

WildTurkey

The random thoughts and rantings of a recent college graduate, muddling through life, trying to find my place and discovering I'm flypaper for freaks!...

 

I'm a college graduate!!!!

Graduation was yesterday at noon. Luckily it didn't rain, the sun actually came up before we came onto the field. Although we all started roasting on the field, wearing black gowns and mortarboard caps. My mom and my sister actually got sunburned. The Ceremony lasted till 3, but it really didn't seem that long. The president and key speaker kept their speeches short. The longest part was calling 1300 names. I shook the presidents hand, was welcomed to the Alumni, and received my diploma cover. Afterwards I met back up with my family (that was hard, there were so many people it was insane! The entire arena was full!). My dad gave me a bouquet of red roses, had my picture taken with various members of the family, and then headed home to change. We then went out to dinner, my brother-in-law and the boys joining us.

After dinner we came back to the house for cake and gifts. I got a bunch of balloons from my dad (Joshua loved the balloons and the cake, he kept wishing me happy birthday! He was a little confused lol). I got a ipod shuffle from my sister and Steve, my parents gave me a check for $500, 2 picture frames that are also bookends, and a willow tree figurine of an angle girl holding a star, with the title "bright star". It was wonderful day, one that I won't forget; it was awesome walking with the rest of the class of '06 to pomp and circumstance onto the field. I felt like I really accomplished something. Now I just need a job!

Graduate

 

for this post

Leave a Reply