<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16532999?origin\x3dhttp://wildturkey22.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

WildTurkey

The random thoughts and rantings of a recent college graduate, muddling through life, trying to find my place and discovering I'm flypaper for freaks!...

 

Worried & Exhausted!

I woke up this morning to the sounds of Matthew singing over the baby monitor at 5:00am. I went to bed early at 10, had to get up and feed him at 2:30am. Needless to say I got about an hour of solid sleep. My sister called from the hospital this morning. There have been no changes. At about 2am he spiked to a fever of 105 again. She came home this afternoon to grab some more clothes since they are keeping him at the hospital for another night. He won't eat, or drink so the poor boy is hooked up to a bunch of IV's. He has his own private room, complete with a huge Infectious Disease sign on the door. The results from the tests are not back yet and probably won't be for another day. In the mean time he can't be exposed to any other children till they figure out what he has.

My sister came home around noon, which gave me enough time to go home, take a shower, change clothes and head back out the door to school. My family is taking shifts watching Matthew, I'll probably have to spend the night again. As much as I love my nephew I'm not really looking forward to it. Anyone who knows me knows I value my sleep! Plus with it being the last week of classes I'm stressing about papers and group projects that are not done yet.

 

for this post

Leave a Reply