<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16532999?origin\x3dhttp://wildturkey22.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

WildTurkey

The random thoughts and rantings of a recent college graduate, muddling through life, trying to find my place and discovering I'm flypaper for freaks!...

 

New Computer!



I finally gave in, and bought a new computer. The old one was the first laptop I ever had, I got it in 2001 when I went off to college, so after 6 years it had seen its day. I didn't want a really expensive one, and was pricing them for the last month. My parents didn't have time to go out and get a birthday gift for me, so they just handed me $200, so that went towards the computer. In all it came to $800 not bad for a brand new hp laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. I'm still getting used to vista, but I love how fast this thing is, then again anything is better then what I had. The only downside to it is because it's so new, it won't work with my printer. But its not like I'm writing papers anymore for collage.

My birthday was last Thursday, I didn't really do anything. I got the $200 and a card from my parents (with dads news that his cancer spread the family hasn't had time to do much of anything), Friday Sarah and Bryan took me to Geva Theater to see a comedy improv show. It was hilarious and something I needed. From them I got a book on Gettysburg (which I've already finished), and a web cam, that I can now use with the new computer. On Saturday after I got out of work Jenn, Steve and the boys came over for dinner and cake. I opened my gifts. I got the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie box set of children's books, and Josh Groban's new CD Awake (which is awesome, my new favorite CD!). A very eventful week...

 

for this post

Leave a Reply