The Job Hunt is Over!!!!
It's official; I have a full time job at Hillside Family of Agencies! I'm so psyched, I'll have health insurance, and I can pay off my bills, my car, and get a new cell phone! I got the call this afternoon. I'll be a Residential Sociotherapist at Lang cottage on the Monroe Ave. campus. My official start date is September 8th, and its a paid orientation day, the following week is training. My supervisor will get back to me this week to give me my work schedule. Before I actually start I have to schedule a pre-employment physical, have a TB shot, go through OMH fingerprinting, and have my official college transcripts sent.
As for my job at the Parma Library, I'm going to try to work at least 2 nights/mornings a week. I'll stay on to help train a new page, but after that I'll probably be leaving for good. Its kind of sad, I've been there 7 years and it's all I've known. The people there are awesome and my 2nd family, it will be hard to leave. But I'll stop in to see everyone, and there will always be our girls’ nights and tennis games right Amy and Tina?!
On a darker note, my dad gets his biopsy results back tomorrow, as to whether or not he has cancer. I heard my dad talking to my aunt yesterday, and the doctor told him it doesn't look too good. I guess we'll be crossing our fingers and praying for the best. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my dad, I'm 100% a daddy's little girl, if it turns out he has cancer it will be a crushing blow.
BTW I've posted pictures of Matthew's first birthday in my photo gallery.






for this post
Leave a Reply