The update for this month :o)
Yes I'm still alive! I actually have had some time to post, but my computer died, making it a little difficult. I'm using a borrowed computer right now, and hopefully will be able to buy a new Dell laptop in a week or two. I'm actually holding out, hoping I might get a new one for my birthday, but I won't hold my breath! Don't have much planned for the birthday weekend, its actually tomorrow but surprise, I have to work...so a couple of friends from high school are going to meet me downtown for some drinks on Friday night. The family is having a dinner for me on Saturday after I get out of work.
I've been working a lot, as usual. Wracking up the overtime, by pulling a few doubles and some overnights. The kids are as violent and crazy as ever. We currently have one girl in jail for trying to set fire to the cottage, a few have had some stays at Strong Hospital and the kicker (literally) was on Sunday night. The night had gone smoothly, until 2 girls (who we least expected to go psycho on us) flipped. One girl broke out the living room window with her foot and tried to climb out. A co-worker and myself had to pull her back in, while we tried to put her in a restraint I got kicked in the face. Her friend then jumped on top of us, hitting and punching to get us off her friend. While trying to fight off one girl w/ my one hand and restrain the other girl w/ my other hand I was deliberately punched in the face. Needless to say I filed assault charges with the police, they came to the cottage to take my statement, and I got the next 2 days off from work. Although I can't escape the mound of paperwork I now have to do, and I didn't enjoy calling the parents to tell them what happened. I'm a little frightened to go back to work today...Oh its never dull on the Hill!
On a sad note my dad had some follow up tests done, and the results came back this week. The cancer has spread. He now has to have a bone scan done, and radiation treatments. What pissed me off is the doctor said it was clear, it was all removed and didn't spread. Then he tells us almost 3 months after the surgery...oopps. I don't think it has fully hit me yet; denial is a wonderful thing...
I've been working a lot, as usual. Wracking up the overtime, by pulling a few doubles and some overnights. The kids are as violent and crazy as ever. We currently have one girl in jail for trying to set fire to the cottage, a few have had some stays at Strong Hospital and the kicker (literally) was on Sunday night. The night had gone smoothly, until 2 girls (who we least expected to go psycho on us) flipped. One girl broke out the living room window with her foot and tried to climb out. A co-worker and myself had to pull her back in, while we tried to put her in a restraint I got kicked in the face. Her friend then jumped on top of us, hitting and punching to get us off her friend. While trying to fight off one girl w/ my one hand and restrain the other girl w/ my other hand I was deliberately punched in the face. Needless to say I filed assault charges with the police, they came to the cottage to take my statement, and I got the next 2 days off from work. Although I can't escape the mound of paperwork I now have to do, and I didn't enjoy calling the parents to tell them what happened. I'm a little frightened to go back to work today...Oh its never dull on the Hill!
On a sad note my dad had some follow up tests done, and the results came back this week. The cancer has spread. He now has to have a bone scan done, and radiation treatments. What pissed me off is the doctor said it was clear, it was all removed and didn't spread. Then he tells us almost 3 months after the surgery...oopps. I don't think it has fully hit me yet; denial is a wonderful thing...






for this post
Leave a Reply